San Francisco War Memorial & Performing Arts Center
MEADOW DESIGN is proud to announce our recent collaboration with the great folks at the “San Francisco War Memorial and Performing Arts Center”.
The cornerstones of the War Memorial Opera House and Veterans Building were laid on November 11, 1931. These two buildings and the Memorial Court between them formed the original San Francisco War Memorial. In 1978, the Herbst Theatre was refurbished with a grant from the Herbst Foundation and assigned to the City’s War Memorial department for management. Finally, in 1980, Louise M. Davies Symphony Hall opened, followed one year later by the Harold L. Zellerbach Rehearsal Hall. These two additions made the complex today’s San Francisco War Memorial and Performing Arts Center (SFWMPAC), which represents a major contribution to one of the grandest civic complexes in the United States.